Saturday, February 7, 2009

Applying for Schengen visa in Sothern California

Applying for Schengen visa in Sothern California???!!!?
I'm applying for a tourist visa to go to Norway. They say you have to apply in person at one of the Consulates Generals or Embassy in Washington D.C. ( My question is, I live in Southern California, is it possible if I apply the visa in L.A. or somewhere closer to where I live?(I live in Riverside, CA) Additional question: Do I have to have my flight tickets booked before I apply for visa? FYI, I'm a US permanent resident, so I do need to apply for a tourist visa.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
According to this: You don't need a Visa to enter Norway for up to 90 days as a US citizen. (You might call to double check...) Generally you don't need to show any kind of visa to buy tickets.
2 :
Almost every country in the Schengen Zone has a consulate in or around L.A. There is a Norwegian consulate in Beverly Hills. If you are a US citizen, you may be able to go to Norway visa-free for up to 90 days.

Search News